Workshops for Groups – get your work colleagues or friends together and we will do a program for you, either at your place or ours!
Corporate Workshops – for Public or Private sector organisations
The Personal Safety Women’s Program focuses on women allowing themselves to trust their instinct and having the confidence to act on that knowledge. Many adult women today have been socialized to believe that being assertive is seen as being masculine and aggressive. Assertiveness training is an essential tool for a young woman to learn. Sharpening confidence strategies and learning to trust instinct are a powerful combination to deflect a potentially dangerous situation.
A Personal Safety Women’s Program addresses three vital questions:
- What is the social or physical coercion being used against me?
- Is force required? What are the options if not?
- How much force is necessary to escape a particular danger-level and physical situation?
The focus of the Program is to equip women with the ability to answer these questions to ensure they can immediately recognize the danger level of a situation and respond appropriately. These outcomes are achieved through:
- Awareness training to recognize a dangerous situation
- Confidence training to have the courage to walk away from a dangerous situation and/or to insist on others respecting their choices and values
- Confidence training to act if necessary using striking pads, strength training, posture, attitude, eye contact and voice
- Developing strategies to be calm when placed under stress
- Interactive discussions to establish what is worth fighting for
- ‘Danger rating’ a situation and matching it with an appropriate response
- Learning effective physical responses to grabs and holds